Volunteer to work with us…..
All motorcycle riders are welcome to join us. Are you passionate about motorcycling and road safety as we are? If the answer is yes we would love to hear from you., feel free to drop us a message on our Contact Us page.
Becoming a Blood Bike Rider
Blood Bike Leinster are based in 3 areas, Area 1 Kildare Area 2 Mullingar Area 3 Navan.
To become a Blood Bike Rider you need to specify which area you wish to apply for:
- Area 1 Kildare you must be less than 20 mins drive from Naas Hospital
- Area 2 Mullingar you must be less than 30 mins drive from Mullingar Hospital
- Be over 25 years of age
- Hold a full licence (Category A) For 2 yrs with no penalty points
- Complete our Garda Vetting form
- Have passed the minimum AON2 rider qualification
- Have passed RoSPA Advanced Rider Qualification (or willing to do so within a short period of time)
- Provide a minimum level of cover each month on a rota basis, willing to help out at fundraising events in the area you are based.
- Promote a positive image of the charity and motorcycling to the general public
- Demonstrate professional riding practices at all times in line with our Safe Riding
- “You also need to own or have access to a motorcycle for to do your rider assessment”
Blood Bikes volunteer Application pack can be downloaded by clicking Here and post to the address on the website.
Don’t feel riding is really for you but want to be part of a worthwhile organisation and part of a great team? Why not help out with fundraising. Whatever you would like to do from ‘shaking a bucket’ to helping organize fundraising events we would love to hear from you.
All you would need is:
- Assist the fundraising team in planning, promoting and organizing events
- Interact with the public at our events and collections
- Represent and promote the charity whenever possible